Empowering the Energy Transition with Low-Code Software
The world’s energy transition has become a complex and challenging issue for energy producers. They must meet the growing global energy demand while using cleaner and more eco-friendly methods to generate energy. Energy producers need to balance things because of more social and environmental pressures. Finding a sustainable solution for energy that meets demand and environmental concerns is a top priority.
The Imperative for Transformation
The energy industry is struggling to meet greenhouse gas emission targets. It is also finding it difficult to contribute to the sustainability goals of the Paris Agreement. Businesses must be agile to successfully solve compound problems such as optimising operations, integrating renewable energy, reducing emissions, and maintaining profitability. Conventional software development cycles prove time-consuming and costly, impeding the industry’s ability to innovate and adapt swiftly.
Low-code software is fast becoming the go-to solution for agile businesses looking to navigate energy transition. Businesses are increasingly prioritising the shift to clean energy. To adapt to market changes and remain competitive, organisations are placing greater importance on low-code software.
Low-Code Software: Catalyst for Innovation
Low-code software development platforms empower users to create applications with minimal coding. The software can:
- Significantly improve software flexibility. The goal is to create software that can evolve and grow over time. This means users can expand their business without having to get a completely new system.
- Promote effective teamwork between different departments. This can enhance productivity, boost employee morale and satisfaction, and ultimately drive better business outcomes.
- Enable quick creation of bespoke software solutions. By enabling quick creation of bespoke software solutions, businesses can gain a competitive advantage. They can streamline their operations, improve their customer experience, and optimise their workflows.
- Empower both IT and non-technical teams. This approach helps to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams. This is essential for organisations to thrive in today’s fast-paced, technology-driven world.
Low-code software is already transforming the energy industry by:
- Streamlining Operations: Tailored applications developed with low-code platforms automate and optimise operational processes, reducing manual errors and enhancing overall efficiency. This includes monitoring production operations, supply chain logistics, and asset maintenance. All this will result in increased productivity and minimised downtime.
- Integrating Renewable Energy: Low-code software facilitates the seamless integration of renewable energy sources into existing infrastructure. Customisable applications enable monitoring and analysis of data from wind farms, solar installations, and other renewable projects, ensuring optimal use of resources.
- Emissions Reduction: Low-code software supports the development of applications to monitor and control emissions, track energy consumption, and identify areas for improvement. Real-time data and analytics empower companies to proactively manage their carbon footprint and implement strategies for emissions reduction.
- Rapid Prototyping and Iteration: Low-code development platforms enable rapid prototyping and iterative development cycles. This allows companies to test ideas, gather feedback, and make improvements quickly. This agility also promotes innovation and accelerates the adoption of emerging technologies.
Low-code for the Energy Transition
The EnergySys Cloud Platform, designed specifically for the energy sector, stands out as a low-code platform. It enables business professionals, not software engineers, to build, deploy, and manage bespoke applications.
The EnergySys Cloud Platform uses spreadsheet logic instead of coding to support complex applications, unlike other low-code platforms. This allows business people to create and manage solutions. Familiar, accessible tools can tackle the complex calculations and challenges unique to the energy industry.
No programming or coding experience is necessary. Empower teams who know your assets and business best to create tailored solutions. Fast.
By leveraging low code software like the EnergySys Cloud Platform, energy companies can streamline operations and expedite their energy transition. Being low-code, it can easily integrate renewable energy sources. This provides the flexibility needed for companies to diversify their energy portfolios.
Now, EnergySys clients can easily track greenhouse gas emissions in their production allocation solution and enjoy the benefits. Energy companies can easily access a large amount of computing power. This helps them discover new information and make previously impossible discoveries. The resulting insights are radically improving the operation of their businesses and having a strongly beneficial environmental impact.
We now have a growing number of partners. These partners include companies in metering and allocation. We also have local partners with market expertise. Additionally, our local partners have knowledge of customer needs.
Our partners have built applications to help with predicting and planning, and tracking and managing GHG emissions data. They offer a comprehensive solution across various disciplines, including GHG tracking, LNG, Hydrocarbon Accounting and more.
They have designed these templates to address the unique needs of each client, providing you with a versatile toolset. This approach helps clients follow rules and make smart choices for their energy projects, leading to success.
Partnership with Amazon Web Services
The energy industry is rapidly changing.
Energy demand is rising as the world shifts to cleaner and more sustainable energy sources. Energy industry leaders are using cloud solutions to tackle challenges and provide cleaner, more diverse, and carbon-free energy.
The AWS Competency Program recognises AWS Partners that have demonstrated technical proficiency and proven customer success in specialised solution areas, industry verticals, or workloads. Achieving this as an AWS Partner is difficult, requiring a thorough technical validation on energy industry best practices.
AWS awarded EnergySys Ltd Energy Competency status in 2021. This achievement recognises our company as experts within our industry. We use AWS cloud technology to simplify systems and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.
We have a fantastic relationship with AWS, relying on their infrastructure to power the EnergySys Cloud Platform. Having a 100% cloud-native cloud solution empowers users with efficient software without the need for on-premise servers. AWS helps make oil and gas operations more efficient and supports the growth of sustainable renewable assets.
Low-code software development is emerging as a powerful tool in the energy transition. It is emerging as a powerful tool in driving transformation. As the industry evolves, embracing low-code software becomes key for staying ahead of the curve. It can help users achieve sustainability goals, and contribute to a greener future.
The EnergySys Cloud Platform exemplifies the potential of low-code software. Its unique ability to support complex application creation without programming empowers energy companies. Users can develop custom applications, streamline operations, integrate renewable energy sources, and contributes towards sustainability goals.
Low-code platforms, like the EnergySys Cloud Platform, play a crucial role in guiding the industry towards cleaner practices. These platforms are essential during this transformative journey.
Low code software is assisting the energy transition for oil and gas producers across the globe. Solutions like EnergySys enable automation, forecasting and planning to help reduce loss and improve sustainability.
Energy businesses are turning to low-code to support fast decision making, quick change management and improve competitive advantage through agility. In this paper we demonstrate how easy it is to configure an application in EnergySys. Using a pipeline network as an example, understand the process of configuring EnergySys to support the business in finding the most ‘efficient’ route across a network.Download
Independent operator Ancala Midstream Acquisitions Limited streamlined asset management for its complex North Sea business by adopting EnergySys’ low code software. Since implementing this cloud-native solution, the oil and gas company is better managing its diverse operations and has achieved newfound business agility.