Senior Front-End Web Developer – React
EnergySys Limited a growing cloud services vendor focused on the energy market, is looking for an experienced Senior User Interface developer to join their product development team. The role is focussed on leading the development of the Web User Interfaces for the company’s cloud platform.
- Primary developer and technical lead for our web apps.
- Focus on readable, maintainable, and tested code using React, TypeScript and
- Producing application interfaces with both a great user experience and visual appeal.
- Play a major role in the design and development of features for the EnergySys Cloud
- Maintain standard documentation and contribute to knowledge base articles.
- Responsible for answering and tracking support calls related to the UI.
- You’ll have a role mentoring and developing more junior team members.
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Familiar with front end build pipelines and tools.
- Understanding of web security and authentication methods.
- Comfortable writing unit/integration tests using tools such as Jest, Enzyme, and
- Can work independently while having great communication skills.
- Worked with React v16 or above using React hooks and functional components.
- Understanding of cloud computing, particularly AWS.
- Experience working with state management, such as Redux or use Reducer hooks.
- Understand the complexities using 3rd party libraries, such as AG Grid or charting
- Mentoring more junior team members.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent skill set and a minimum of three years of experience in a commercial software development environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised. Must have good communication and team working skills.
- This is a remote working position, so candidates must be comfortable spending the majority of their time working from home.
About the company
EnergySys Limited is a forward-thinking and innovative software vendor. We truly believe in delivering software that makes a difference to our users. We have a close-knit team of driven and focused individuals who have helped get us to where we are.
There is a good benefits package for the successful applicant, and staff are helped to meet their development needs with two weeks of study leave per year.
The role is remote and you must have a suitable distraction-free working environment, but we meet in person once a month as a team, and once a quarter as a company. We require applicants to have at least 10 Mbps consistent upload and download speed. Candidates must have a permanent right to work in the UK.
Location: Remote working (home-based)
Duration: Full time
Salary: Circa £60-70K plus benefits
- Contributory pension, contributions matched up to 8% by company
- Life insurance
- Permanent sickness insurance
- Private health insurance
- Annual allowance for Dental and Optician care
- Travel insurance
- Flexible working environment
- 25 Days annual leave with 8 additional days in lieu of public holidays