Senior Software Engineer
EnergySys Limited is an exciting oil and gas cloud software vendor with an exceptional product and ambitious vision, and we are now looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Software Engineer to ensure our continued market leadership.
You will have the chance to work with like-minded professionals within a business where technology is critical to driving success.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to focus on the design, implementation, testing and support of EnergySys Cloud Services. You will be expected to work both independently and as part of a team.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled engineers who are responsible for maintaining, extending and innovating EnergySys Systems.
Our cutting-edge development team is growing, and we are looking for someone who is comfortable asking “why?”. The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices. They are a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills and are able to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-technical stakeholders. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment and have the ability to “take the wheel” when necessary.
- Design and implement complex backend containerised and serverless microservices on AWS while leveraging AWS Lambda.
- Integrate with high scale data solutions to create comprehensive and scalable solutions.
- Develop testable, readable and effective production quality code.
- Provide technical guidance and support to colleagues in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define best in class solutions.
- Work within an Agile Development Team to implement these solutions.
- Partner with fellow developers to estimate task durations and deliver timely results.
Essential skills and experience
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong commercial experience developing AWS Cloud Services. We currently use, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Glue, Athena, QuickSight and CloudFormation.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience, preferably building back-end data services, APIs or microservices in a Managed Cloud Services environment.
- Strong Java Software Engineer.
- Experienced in software quality, test and development techniques (TDD, BDD, CI/CD).
- Strong understanding and an interest in DevOps disciplines.
- Understands Agile principles, Scrum framework and the SDLC.
The position is based from home, and candidates must have:
- Current permission to work in the UK.
- A suitable work environment such as a study or separate room where they can work undisturbed.
- Home broadband with at least 10 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload to support video calls and interaction with our cloud development environment.
Qualifications and experience
A degree level qualification in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
A minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant postgraduate software development experience in a commercial environment.
A proven ability to deliver high quality, working code to solve complex business requirements working with Java, and associated technologies, in a cloud environment.
About the company
EnergySys is redefining the energy software market, beginning with Hydrocarbon Accounting (HCA), disrupting the status quo and focusing on the generation of real business value. This is software as we believe it should be: simple, effective, and continually evolving.
Our company is forward-thinking and innovative, with a close-knit team of driven and focused individuals.
We are a remote by design company.
There is an excellent benefits package for the successful applicant, and staff are encouraged to participate in at least two weeks of formal training per year.
- Location: Home-based
- Industry: IT
- Duration: Full time
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £50k to £65k/year plus benefits