Senior Software Engineer
EnergySys Limited is an exciting energy cloud software vendor with an exceptional product and ambitious vision, and we are now looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Software Engineer to ensure our continued market leadership.
You will have the chance to work with like-minded professionals within a business where technology is critical to driving success. You will focus on the design, implementation, testing and support of EnergySys Cloud Services running on AWS, building event-based architectures and microservices. You will be expected to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Design and implement complex backend containerised and serverless microservices on AWS while leveraging AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB and Aurora.
- Integrate with high volume, high frequency data sources to create comprehensive and scalable solutions.
- Develop testable, readable and effective production quality code.
- Provide technical guidance and support to colleagues in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define best in class solutions.
- Work within an Agile Development Team to implement these solutions.
- Partner with fellow developers to estimate task durations and deliver timely results.
Essential skills and experience
The ideal candidate must have:
- Commercial experience developing AWS Cloud Services. We currently use, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Glue, Athena, QuickSight and CloudFormation/CDK.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably building back-end data services, APIs or microservices in a Managed Cloud Services environment.
- Strong Java Software Engineer, with usage of Node.js, Go or other languages an advantage.
- Experienced in software quality, test and development techniques (TDD, BDD, CI/CD).
- Strong understanding and an interest in DevOps disciplines.
- Awareness of good security practises for infrastructure and code.
- Understands Agile principles, Scrum framework and the Software Development Lifecycle.
The position is based from home, and candidates must have:
- Current permission to work in the UK.
- A suitable work environment such as a study or separate room where they can work undisturbed.
- Home broadband with at least 10 Mbps download speed and 4 Mbps upload to support video calls and interaction with our cloud development environment.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree level qualification in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant postgraduate software development experience in a commercial environment.
- A proven ability to deliver high quality, working code to solve complex business requirements working with Java, and associated technologies, in a cloud environment.
About the company
EnergySys is redefining the energy software market, beginning with Hydrocarbon Accounting (HCA), disrupting the status quo and focusing on the generation of real business value. This is software as we believe it should be: simple, effective, and continually evolving.
Our company is forward-thinking and innovative, with a close-knit team of driven and focused individuals.
We are a remote by design company.
There is an excellent benefits package for the successful applicant, and staff are encouraged to participate in at least two weeks of formal training per year, leading to Industry Certification.
We value diversity in our team, and we would appreciate the opportunity to interview candidates from groups typically under-represented in software development. We will not sponsor applicants, so they must have a right to work in the UK.
- Location: Home-based
- Industry: IT
- Duration: Full time
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £50k to £65k/year
- Contributory pension, contributions matched up to 8% by company
- Life insurance
- Permanent sickness insurance
- Private health insurance
- Annual allowance for Dental and Optician care
- Travel insurance
- Flexible working environment
- 25 Days annual leave with 8 additional days in lieu of public holidays